Lucky Coffee Cookies for Valentine’s Day
• 25 ml ristretto
• 75 g raw almond paste
• 125 g egg whites
• 125 g butter
• 125 g powdered sugar
• 125 g flour
• 1/2 vanilla pod
• 1 teaspoon ground coffee Café Santo Domingo
• Remove the vanilla pulp by scraping the inside of the pod.
• Mix the almond paste with the vanilla pulp, the ground coffee and the ristretto. Blend together.
• Mix and sift the flour and the powdered sugar, then add all to the almond paste preparation.
• Melt the butter and add it to the egg whites.
• Mix the paste slowly with a whisk or a food processor until smooth.
• Cover the paste with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
• Remove the cold paste from the refrigerator and shape into disks with a soup spoon.
• Place the disks on a baking sheet making sure to leave sufficient space between each.
• Bake at 180° until they change color.
• Remove the cookies from the baking sheet with a pastry server and place the messages inside.
• Place the cookies on a board to give them their final shape. Fold the disks into half moons, and then place them on the side of a bowl so they will curve in the middle.
Share or else :)
- Café Santo Domingo Molido (Ground) 1lb/454g $9.50
- Café Santo Domingo Tostado en Grano (Whole Bean) 1lb/454g $10.25
- Case of 16 Café Santo Domingo Molido (Ground) 1lb/453.6g $146.98
- Case of 16 Café Santo Domingo Tostado en Grano (Whole Bean) 1lb/454g $162.75
- Café Santo Domingo Molido (Ground) 1/2lb/226.8g $5.25